There was a time when there was such a thing as a progressive conservative party, but those days are long gone. Today, what we have is a group of regressive conservative leaders who are climate deniers.”
(KENORA) September 25, 2019 — Today, Bob Nault, Liberal candidate for the Kenora Riding, announced that a re-elected Liberal government will cut taxes in half for companies that develop new zero-emissions technologies, which will create jobs, grow businesses in the North, and help reach net-zero emissions.
“The simple fact is that the Liberal government has done more for the environment in the last four years than any other government in Canada’s history,” stated Nault. “If it were left up to Andrew Sheer, Doug Ford and Jason Kenny, Conservatives would allow polluting to be free again, taking us way back in time, rather than moving us forward. Andrew Scheer’s Conservatives need to wake up and quit denying that climate change is real because we can’t afford to waste any more time.
“One part of the solution is clean technology. In the coming years, the market for clean technology — which uses renewable energy and emits less pollution is expected to exceed $2.5 trillion by 2022. Canada will lead the way: to protect the air we breathe and the water we drink, and to achieve the ambitious goal of reaching net-zero emissions by 2050.
“To help grow the clean technology sector, we will slash corporate taxes in half for companies that develop or manufacture products and technologies that have zero emissions. This will create thousands of good-paying jobs, grow Canadian businesses, and protect our environment.
“We know the time to protect and preserve our environment in the North is now,” concluded Nault. “That’s why we restored funding to the Experimental Lakes Area, rather than slash it as Stephen Harper’s Conservatives did. Northerners can also be assured that we will continue to invest to protect the environment so that our children and our grandchildren will be able to enjoy the same things we did – the natural beauty and wonder of the North.
A re-elected Liberal government will make Canada the most attractive place to start — and grow — a business that produces zero-emissions technology.
● Cut in half corporate taxes for companies that develop technologies or manufacture products that have zero emissions;
○ The corporate taxes for small clean-tech businesses will be cut from 9 per cent to 4.5 per cent, and the larger clean-tech companies will see their taxes drop from 15 percent to 7.5 per cent.
● Continue to lead by example and ensure all federal buildings run on clean electricity by 2022; and
● Leverage the purchasing power of the federal government to further drive clean technology adoption, by strengthening existing green procurement policies.
This builds on a strong Liberal record of encouraging businesses to invest in sustainability and create hundreds and thousands of jobs, including:
● Allowing businesses to immediately write-off the full cost of installing clean energy equipment; and
● Investing in the first-ever completely electric mine, as well as the first zero-emissions aluminum smelter.
BACKGROUNDER: Cutting taxes for clean tech businesses
— 30 —
To arrange an interview with Bob Nault, contact: